Friday, November 13, 2009

Thoughts for Today from Rebecca

As luck would have it, I'm leaving for a college girls weekend today. (It will be good to clear the mind) As I sit and wait for the crew to pick me up I cannot help wonder what sweet Sydney is doing. Of course, since it's 2 a.m. I hope she is sleeping soundly. Now that we are on the cusp of leaving, I'm allowing myself to think of how this transition will go. I'm praying for a smooth transition that is not filled with fear. I cannot imagine how brave Sydney will have to be to leave all she knows and trusts. TJ, myself and the boys have the advantage of being prepared, but she does not. It is a true gift that we have been handed and we will have a lifetime to watch this person grow-up and become a Chinese American citizen.

I'm off to drink beer and tell college stories and solve all the world problems. I'll report back on Sunday. :) Go Vikes!